Friday, December 27, 2013


We have been talking about creating a journal to write down our thoughts and help us get back on track. Instead of a cute notebook, my sister has dragged me on-line to create this blog post.  And like everything else, I think this is going to be a really good thing. We are going to create some homework for ourselves every week and start working on getting our minds focused in the right direction first.

The first homework is to answer the following two questions:
Why am I even dieting? Why do I want to change?
  1. I want to be health and live a long life. 
  2. I want to be around long enough to really know my grandkids. 
  3. I want to be able to continue to be able to move around on this planet with my own two feet. I want to slow-down/stop the continued restriction of my available activities. 
  4. I want to be able to sit on the floor and be able to get up off the ground. 
  5. I want to pass on a new legacy to my kids. I hope that if I can change my lifestyle, then the journey will be easier for them.
  6. I want to fit into my wedding dress again.
  7. I don't want to buy a new pair of jeans in the next size up.
  8. I want to be able to find my hip bones.
  9. I don't want to continue to make a series of small bad choices that lead to disappointment.
  10. I want to feel good, like I do when I exercise.
  11. I want to be proud of my accomplishments. 
  12. I don't want to look back and wish that I had done something about this.
  13. I want to stop the slow gradual incline.

I'm ready. Today, right now, we start again.

1 comment: